With the copious amount of films accessible, pinpointing the perfect movie for a 4-year-old may be arduous. From animated movies to live-action, there are good choices. Nevertheless, deciding which movie suits a 4-year-old kid can be difficult. To make this determination easier, this article will list the greatest movies for 4-year-olds that will keep them engaged and amused.
These Best movies for 4 Year Olds are not streaming in your country?
Any of our picks not streaming in your country? ExpressVPN unlocks Reelgood and all of your streaming services, giving you access to all movies and TV shows from around the world. Stream them from anywhere with a 30-day money-back trial from ExpressVPN.
- Unblock Streaming with ExpressVPN (3 months free for Reelgood users!)
- Connect to a US or UK server via ExpressVPN.
- Let ExpressVPN run in the background as you watch all of your movies and TV shows, securely and with no throttling or bandwidth limits.
The Benefits of Watching Movies at a Young Age
Viewing films can be advantageous for kids of all ages, including 4-year-olds. By watching characters in various circumstances and learning from them, movies can help children refine their verbal and cognitive abilities. Additionally, movies can help children become more mindful of their feelings and better comprehend complex ideas like camaraderie and familial principles. Movies can also allow parents to bond with their 4-year-olds by watching and discussing movies afterward.
Must See Animated Movies
- The Lego Movie (2014) – This animated movie follows Emmet, an ordinary Lego figure who is mistaken as the “Special” one who will save the world from an evil tyrant. The movie features colorful visuals and a catchy soundtrack, making it enjoyable for adults and children.
- Coco (2017) – In this Pixar classic, young Miguel dreams of becoming a musician despite his family’s generations-old ban on music. With its vibrant colors and beautiful animation, Coco will captivate any young viewer’s imagination with its heartfelt story about family, music, and identity.
- Inside Out (2015) – Inside Out follows the story of Riley, an 11-year-old girl whose emotions are personified as characters in her head. This movie is great for teaching kids about different emotions in a fun way that they won’t soon forget!
- Moana (2016) – Moana follows the story of a brave Polynesian princess who embarks on an adventurous journey across the ocean to save her people from destruction by finding the demigod Maui and restoring his magical powers. With its stunning visuals and a catchy soundtrack featuring music by Lin Manuel Miranda, Moana is sure to become a favorite among 4-year-olds!
- The Incredibles (2004) – This great movie follows the Parr family as they must join forces to rescue the world from evil forces while trying to maintain their superhuman abilities a secret from civilization. The Incredibles will fascinate any young superhero enthusiast with its one-of-a-kind amalgamation of action and wit!
Live Action Adventure Movies
- Spy Kids (2001) – In Spy Kids (2001), two siblings are daring to rescue their parents from a nefarious villain who seeks to rule the world. The movie features exciting scenes that will keep any 4-year-old on the edge of their seat and amusing moments providing comic relief throughout its runtime.
- Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle (2017) – This sequel to the classic 1995 film Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle follows four adolescents embroiled in an old video game console where they must accomplish different challenges to make it back home unscathed! With its exhilarating action sequences and amusing dialogue, Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle will be a smash hit with children everywhere!
- The Princess Bride (1987) – This classic fantasy adventure follows Buttercup, who must rescue her true love Westley from the evil Prince Humperdinck with help from some unlikely allies along the way! Featuring plenty of humor throughout its runtime, The Princess Bride is sure to keep any young viewer entertained throughout its runtime!
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) – In this timeless classic, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial follows Elliot as he helps a stranded alien return home with help from some unlikely allies along the way! Featuring plenty of heartwarming moments throughout its runtime, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial is sure to captivate any young viewer with its timeless story about friendship!
- Hook (1991) – In this live-action adaptation of Peter Pan, Hook follows Peter Banning as he must reclaim his lost identity to fight off Captain Hook once again! Featuring plenty of exciting action sequences, Hook will surely capture any young viewer’s imagination with its thrilling story about never growing up!
Finding great movies for 4-year-olds doesn’t have to be difficult anymore, thanks to this helpful list of must-see movies for kids aged four or younger! Whether you’re looking for animated films or live-action adventures, plenty of great options will keep your little one entertained while also helping them develop their language skills and understand complex concepts like emotions and relationships in a fun way they won’t soon forget!