Whether you’re newly dating or in a long-term relationship, date night movies are a great way to spend quality time together. With so many options, knowing where to begin can be difficult. To help you out, we’ve put together this ultimate list of date night movies for couples.
These Best Date Night movies are not streaming in your country?
ExpressVPN unlocks Reelgood and all of your streaming services, giving you access to all movies and TV shows from around the world. Stream them from anywhere with a 30-day money-back trial from ExpressVPN.
Step 1: Download
Unblock Streaming with ExpressVPN (3 months free for Reelgood users!)
Step 2: Connect
Connect to a US server via ExpressVPN.
Step 3: Stream
Let ExpressVPN run in the background as you watch your movies and TV shows securely and with no throttling or bandwidth limits.
Romantic comedies are always a great choice for date nights. Whether it’s classic When Harry Met Sally or the more recent Crazy Rich Asians, these lighthearted films will have you both laughing and swooning. Here are some top picks:
- The Proposal (2009): Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds star as an unlikely couple in this modern romantic comedy about two people who fall in love despite their differences.
- Love Actually (2003): This ensemble romantic comedy follows multiple storylines of people looking for love during the holiday season.
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012): Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in this funny and heartfelt story about two people who find solace in each other after suffering through difficult times.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999): A modern take on Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, this classic teen rom-com stars Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles as two high schoolers falling for each other despite their differences.
- Sleepless in Seattle (1993): Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan star as a widowed father and a lonely journalist who fall in love over long-distance phone calls – all while never actually meeting each other face-to-face!
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003): Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson star as two people trying to prove a point, only to fall hopelessly in love instead.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994): Hugh Grant stars as a British bachelor who falls for an American woman, played by Andie MacDowell, at four different weddings – and one funeral!
- Pretty Woman (1990): Richard Gere and Julia Roberts star as an unlikely couple who fall in love despite the odds in this classic romantic comedy set against Hollywood glamour.
- The Princess Bride (1987): This cult classic is an endearing story about true love that follows the journey of a farmhand named Westley, played by Cary Elwes, as he embarks on an adventure with his beloved Princess Buttercup, played by Robin Wright, to save her from an evil prince played by Chris Sarandon!
- Knocked Up (2007): Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigl star as two strangers whose one-night stand leads to unexpected consequences, including pregnancy!
For something more serious, consider these romantic dramas that bring out all the feels:
- The Notebook (2004): Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams star as two young lovers whose relationship is tested over time due to class differences in this classic tearjerker based on Nicholas Sparks’ novel.
- A Star is Born (2018): Bradley Cooper stars alongside Lady Gaga in this Oscar-winning remake of the 1937 film about two musicians whose romance is threatened by fame and success.
- La La Land (2016): Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling star as aspiring artists trying to make it big while struggling with their ambitions.
- Brokeback Mountain (2005): Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal star in this powerful drama about two cowboys struggling with their forbidden same-sex romance.
- Titanic (1997): Leonardo DiCaprio stars alongside Kate Winslet in James Cameron’s epic romance set against the backdrop of the Titanic’s tragic voyage.
- The Fault in Our Stars (2014): Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort star as two teens who fall in love while dealing with a terminal illness in this heart-wrenching drama based on John Green’s novel.
- Romeo + Juliet (1996): Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes star as the star-crossed lovers in Baz Luhrmann’s modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s classic tragedy.
- The Age of Adaline (2015): Blake Lively stars as a woman who stays 29 forever after a mysterious accident in this romantic fantasy drama about finding true love despite the odds.
- Call Me By Your Name (2017): Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer star as two young men who embark on an unexpected romance against an Italian summer vacation.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004): Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet star in this surreal sci-fi romantic drama about erasing painful memories to start fresh with a new love.
For something more intense, these romantic thrillers will keep you on the edge of your seat:
- Gone Girl (2014): Ben Affleck stars alongside Rosamund Pike in this psychological thriller about a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary – and her husband who becomes the prime suspect.
- The Holiday (2006): Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, and Jack Black star in this romantic comedy-drama about two women from different countries who decide to switch homes – only to find unexpected romance along the way!
- Atonement (2007): Keira Knightley and James McAvoy star as two lovers whose relationship is torn apart by a lie Knightley’s character tells in this period drama based on Ian McEwan’s novel.
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005): Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star as two undercover assassins whose marriage is tested when they discover they both work for rival agencies!
- Basic Instinct (1992): Sharon Stone stars alongside Michael Douglas in this sexy mystery thriller about a detective investigating a murder – only to find himself falling for the prime suspect!
- Fifty Shades Darker (2017): Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan return for this second installment of the Fifty Shades franchise, which follows Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey as they try to rekindle their romance while struggling with past secrets and lies.
- The Handmaiden (2016): This South Korean thriller follows an orphaned pickpocket hired to help a conman swindle an heiress out of her fortune – only to find herself falling for her instead!
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999): Matt Damon stars as Tom Ripley, an ambitious young man sent to Italy to bring back his wealthy friend – only to find himself embroiled in a dangerous game of deceit and murder!
- Body Heat (1981): William Hurt stars alongside Kathleen Turner in this classic neo-noir thriller about an unlikely couple who become involved in a plot involving arson and murder!
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies (2016): This horror-comedy mashup combines Jane Austen’s classic novel with zombie-fighting action that follows Elizabeth Bennet, played by Lily James, as she battles hordes of undead while trying to win the heart of Mr. Darcy, played by Sam Riley.
No matter what kind of movie you’re looking for, there’s something out there for every couple’s date night movie list. From classic romantic comedies like Pretty Woman to more intense thrillers like Gone Girl, these films will provide plenty of entertainment for your next date night at home!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings