If you’re like me and follow a bunch of shows from different streaming sources, then you already know how hard it can be to keep track of each new episode that comes out every single week.
That’s exactly why our team developed the tracking feature for TV shows and movies! The Reelgood app does all the work for you, and even sends notifications* when a show you’re tracking has a new episode or returns with a new season!
In this article, we’ll show you how easy it is to monitor all your favorite shows — either with the app or directly through the Reelgood website (skip to the bottom part of this article for instructions when using Reelgood.com)
Your Watch List
When you launch the Reelgood app and log in, it will take you to your watch list aka the Tracking tab. It has two sections — Your TV Series and Your Movies, but for this post we’ll focus on TV series.
Under Your TV Series, you’ll see the Episodes to See tab and the All Caught Up tab.
The Episodes to See tab is basically your Watch Next list. It displays a list of all the episodes you have yet to see from shows you are tracking.
The All Caught Up tab shows you all the series you’ve watched every episode of and when they’ll be back with a new episode or season.
Adding shows to your Watch List
Obviously, the first thing you have to do is populate your watch list with all the shows you follow. To do this, just follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Reelgood app and log in.
- Go to the Search tab.
- Do a search for a show you watch. For this example, we’ll go with Friends (is my bias showing?)
- When you tap on Friends, you’ll open the show’s details page which has a Track button right in the middle of the cover photo.
- Tap the Track button and the app will ask how much of the show you’ve seen — All, Some, or None. If you choose Some, the app will ask you to specify the last episode you watched. Be honest now!
- Once you’re finished, you should see something like this:
For the purpose of this tutorial, I chose Some and told the app I watched up to Season 9 of Friends, which explains why 17 episodes were added to Watch Next.
Easy! Now when you go back to the Tracking tab, the show you added will be under TV You’re Tracking with epsiodes to see.
Removing shows from your Watch List
If you ever decide to drop a show because they killed off your most-loved character (side-eyeing you, The Walking Dead), you can do so by going to the Tracking tab and following the steps below:
- Make sure you’re logged in.
- Click Series Details for the show you want to remove from your watch list.
- Now just click the green Tracking button in the middle of the cover photo.
- And you’re done! You are no longer tracking the show.
One thing to remember is that even if you remove a show from your watch list, Reelgood will still remember which episodes you’ve previously marked as seen. So if you decide to rekindle your relationship with an ex-favorite, just click the Track button again and Reelgood will be right there — ready to help pick up the pieces.
Now if you happen to be an Android user — never fear, as the tracking feature is absolutely NOT limited to our iOS app! Here’s how to do the same stuff, but this time through the Reelgood website.
Your Watch List on Reelgood.com
When you go to Reelgood.com, your Watch List will automatically be in the homepage after you log in. Yes, right under your nose!
Right off the bat, Reelgood lets you know how many episodes you have yet to watch for a particular show.
And if you scroll down just a little bit, you’ll see the Waiting For New Episodes section which shows you exactly when a new episode or season comes out for shows you’re all caught up on. Neat, isn’t it?
Adding shows to your list through the website
- Go to Reelgood.com and log in.
- Do a search for the show you want to track. This time, I’ll use Parks and Recreation as an example.
- Once you click on the show, it should take you to the show’s page on Reelgood where you’ll see the Track It button right beside the poster.
- When you click Track It, a bubble should pop up at the bottom of your screen asking how much of the show you’ve seen — All, Some, or None. If you choose Some, Reelgood will ask you to specify the last episode you watched.
- Once you’re done, you should see something like this at the top right corner of your screen:
For the purpose of this tutorial, I chose Some and told Reelgood I watched up to the end of season 6 of Parks and Recreations which explains why the bubble says I have 13 episodes left to watch.
Removing shows from your list through the website
If you ever get tired of a series, you can remove it from your watch list in less than 5 seconds!
- Go to the Reelgood homepage and log in to see your watch list.
- Then hover over the show you want to stop tracking, and you’ll see the green Tracking button. Click it, and that’s that! The show has now been removed from your watch list.
Note that even if you remove a show from your watch list, Reelgood will ALWAYS remember which episodes you’ve previously marked as seen. So if you want to pick up where you left off, just re-Track the show and you’re all set!
*notifications are only sent when you have 1 or no episodes left to watch for a particular show. In other words, you’ll only get notified of new episodes when you’re all caught up!