As Independence Day draws near, it’s time to commemorate the birth of our nation with a cinematic marathon. From traditional films to contemporary blockbusters, many options embody the essence of the holiday. If you’re searching for a heartwarming tale or an adrenaline-filled journey, here are some of the best 4th of July movies to enjoy this year.
These Best 4th of July movies are not streaming in your country?
Any of our picks not streaming in your country? ExpressVPN unlocks Reelgood and all of your streaming services, giving you access to all movies and TV shows from around the world. Stream them from anywhere with a 30-day money-back trial from ExpressVPN.
- Unblock Streaming with ExpressVPN (3 months free for Reelgood users!)
- Connect to a US or UK server via ExpressVPN.
- Let ExpressVPN run in the background as you watch all of your movies and TV shows, securely and with no throttling or bandwidth limits.
The 4th of July is a great opportunity for families to come together and partake in some quality amusement. Here are some family-friendly films that will bring a smile to everyone’s face:
- The Sandlot (1993): This classic coming-of-age movie follows a group of children during their summer vacation in 1962. With abundant laughter and heartwarming scenes, The Sandlot will certainly be a success for all ages.
- Miracle (2004): This inspiring sports drama tells the true story of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team and their historic victory over Russia. It’s an uplifting tale celebrating patriotism and teamwork—perfect for viewing Independence Day!
- National Treasure (2004): This action-packed adventure follows Benjamin Franklin Gates (Nicolas Cage) as he searches for a legendary treasure hidden by America’s Founding Fathers. With thrilling chases and historical references, National Treasure will surely please viewers, young and old alike.
If you’re looking for something more high-octane, check out these blockbuster hits:
- Independence Day (1996): One of the most iconic 4th of July movies ever made, this sci-fi epic follows a group of brave heroes battling aliens invading Earth on our nation’s birthday. Featuring spectacular special effects and an all-star cast, Independence Day will surely be a hit with moviegoers this holiday season!
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011): Before he attained the title of Avenger, Steve Rogers was a mortal striving to contribute during World War II. This superhero genesis story lauds bravery and loyalty—the ideal entertainment for Independence Day!
- Top Gun (1986): Tom Cruise stars in this classic action flick about fighter pilots competing at the Navy’s elite training school, “Top Gun.” With thrilling aerial sequences and memorable one-liners, Top Gun will surely pump your adrenaline this Independence Day!
The 4th of July isn’t just about fireworks—it’s also about celebrating love! Here are some romantic comedies that will have you laughing out loud:
- While You Were Sleeping (1995): Sandra Bullock stars in this charming romantic comedy about Lucy Moderatz, who saves Peter Callaghan from being hit by a train only to find out he’s engaged—to her sister! It’s an adorable story that celebrates love in all forms—the perfect pick for date night on July 4th!
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999): Based on Shakespeare’s The Taming Of The Shrew, this modern teen comedy follows Kat Stratford as she navigates her way through high school while trying not to fall in love with Patrick Verona along the way. It’s funny and heartfelt—the perfect pick for romantics everywhere!
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012): Wes Anderson directs this whimsical tale about two young lovers who run away together on an island off New England during summer vacation in 1965. It’s quirky yet endearing—a must-watch if you want something lighthearted yet meaningful on Independence Day!
No matter what kind of movie you’re looking for, there are plenty of great options for this Independence Day. From family-friendly films to blockbuster hits and romantic comedies, there’s something for everyone this 4th of July! So grab your popcorn and get ready to celebrate America with some great movies this holiday season!