Tom Hanks is one of the most beloved and well-respected actors in Hollywood, having starred in a number of iconic films throughout his career. Here are 10 Tom Hanks movies you must see:
- Forrest Gump (1994): This is perhaps Tom Hanks’ most famous role. He plays the lead character, Forrest Gump, who is an innocent man with a low IQ who is thrust into the national spotlight. Tom Hanks portrays the character with great emotion and humor.
- The Green Mile (1999): Tom Hanks stars as a prison guard who takes a special interest in a death-row inmate with supernatural abilities. The film deals with complex themes of justice and morality, and Tom Hanks delivers a powerful performance.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998): Tom Hanks stars as the leader of a group of U.S. soldiers sent on a mission to find and rescue a soldier whose brothers have been killed in action. The movie is an intense war drama that examines the horrors of battle and the courage of those who fight in it.
- Apollo 13 (1995): Tom Hanks stars as astronaut Jim Lovell in this thrilling drama about the ill-fated Apollo 13 mission to the moon. Tom Hanks gives a gripping performance as the mission’s commander as the astronauts attempt to return to Earth amidst a series of life-threatening crises.
- Big (1988): Tom Hanks plays a 13-year-old boy who makes a wish to be “big” and finds himself transformed into an adult overnight. This classic comedy-drama showcases Tom Hanks’ comedic and dramatic chops as he navigates the challenges of adulthood.
- A League of Their Own (1992): Tom Hanks stars as a women’s professional baseball team manager during World War II. The movie is a heartwarming and humorous look at the inspiring story of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.
- Toy Story (1995): Tom Hanks provides the voice of Woody, the cowboy doll, in this beloved Pixar classic. The movie follows Woody and his toy friends trying to escape the clutches of the evil toy collector Sid.
- Sleepless in Seattle (1993): Tom Hanks plays a widower who moves to Seattle in search of a new life. The movie is a romantic comedy about the budding relationship between his character and a woman who hears his story on a radio talk show.
- The Da Vinci Code (2006): Tom Hanks stars as Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor who is thrust into a thrilling adventure involving ancient symbols, churches, and a secret society. The movie is based on the best-selling novel of the same name.
- Catch Me If You Can (2002): Tom Hanks stars as an FBI agent chasing after a con artist played by Leonardo DiCaprio. The movie is a thrilling adventure about the game of cat and mouse between the two characters.
These 10 Tom Hanks movies showcase the versatility of his acting skills and are must-sees. So if you’re in need of some entertainment, why not check out a few of these classic films?